Online Course: Pilates for teachers
We all know that sitting at our desk for more than 6-8 hours a day, teaching, preparing and correcting, can cause a large number of problems, from back pain to muscle aches and joint problems.
Pilates largely avoids high impact, high power output, and heavy muscular and skeletal loading. It aims at the symmetrical strengthening and the flexibility of the muscles, as well as at the strengthening of the scapula. Proper breathing is a very important part of the method, as a result of which the concentration is enhanced, the heart rate is reduced and the health of the nervous system including the brain, spine and nerves is improved. During a Pilates session, you can reshape your body, work on muscles that have been neglected or overworked, and become familiar with your true posture. Over time, you can even incorporate this knowledge into your daily routine, so that proper alignment becomes the rule in your day instead of the exception.
As a Yarn team we decided to include in our community, twice a month, Pilates classes with instructor Vasia Franzana. The Pilates for teachers section will initially take place every 2 weeks, online on the zoom platform. Participation is for the holders of the Platinum subscription completely free! However, it is necessary to express interest.
In case the time, which suits the majority of interests, does not suit you, you will be able to receive the recording (available for 4 days).
A few words about our Pilates instructor Vasia Franzana:
- She has been working professionally with Fitness since 2014.
- She is a graduate of TEFAA Thessaloniki AUTh with a specialization in Rhythmic Competitive Gymnastics.
- She is an athlete of MGS. Panserraikos with Panhellenic distinctions and teacher of modern dance and holder of Intermediate and Advanced 1 degrees of the English Dance Academy ISTD.
- She has attended Pilates Mat and Pilates Equipment seminars.
- She specializes in Corrective and Therapeutic exercise.
- She works as a Group Exercise Leader (Resistance, Cardio, Step, Aerobic, Power Cycling, TRX Training and BOSU).
- She has attended, among others, the Birthlight Baby Yoga seminar and the first aid seminar of Rescue Training International.
We are very happy with this new, innovative Yarn service. We hope you share our excitement and experience with us the innumerable benefits of the Pilates method.